Pokémon Vortex
MasterHikerPaul

Mega Stone Donations?

Nobody wants to do the sidequests. They are far too long and grindy. Even I can't get through all of them and I am normally a completionist.

2 hours ago, Marioipod13 said:

Nobody wants to do the sidequests. They are far too long and grindy. Even I can't get through all of them and I am normally a completionist.

This is an incorrect statement.
I, for one, like doing Sidequests. It's grindy, sure. However, in the long run it's still one of the best ways to get money. And that's not even considering the other rewards you can get.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Marioipod13 said:

The thing is, I agree with Marioipod13 right here. I don't have time to battle through 1,000 trainers with Rattata just for this. Why not create actual overworld sidequests like exploring an abandoned ship or retrieving a missing pair of glasses?

5 hours ago, Auke1993 said:

This is an incorrect statement.
I, for one, like doing Sidequests. It's grindy, sure. However, in the long run it's still one of the best ways to get money. And that's not even considering the other rewards you can get.

Arceus blast it, I tried doing like thirty of these stupid sidequest trainers and all I got was my Pokemon to Level 100 which I would have done anyway at the Pokemon League!

57 minutes ago, MasterHikerPaul said:

The thing is, I agree with Marioipod13 right here. I don't have time to battle through 1,000 trainers with Rattata just for this. Why not create actual overworld sidequests like exploring an abandoned ship or retrieving a missing pair of glasses?

Arceus blast it, I tried doing like thirty of these stupid sidequest trainers and all I got was my Pokemon to Level 100 which I would have done anyway at the Pokemon League!

Sorry Auke, but I have to agree with Master Hiker Paul. I battled through like 45 trainers and got literally nothing. Not even a ThunderStone or something let alone a Blue Orb. I think the sidequests should really be improved like MasterHikerPaul said.

Sorry Auke, but I have to agree with Master Hiker Paul. I battled through like 45 trainers and got literally nothing. Not even a ThunderStone or something let alone a Blue Orb. I think the sidequests should really be improved like MasterHikerPaul said.

3 hours ago, MasterHikerPaul said:

get better teams that can counter each type, or just give your pokemon better moves, after all it's not to expensive if you use your pds smart. 

it takes sometime but with dedication you can get it fairly easily. but this coming from a hypixel skyblock player, and most players spend about 1000+ hours just getting a single item (most of the time it's the Hyperion, Scylla, Valkyrie, or Terminator).

Edited by Void-Star

You will have a chance at obtaining rewards once you have completed a region (for more information you can check out the 
PV wiki page- https://wiki.pokemon-vortex.com/wiki/Sidequests
30-45 battles is not even halfway to completing the first section yet- that's still in the Kanto region. If you're finding that battles are difficult to go through, then it would be best to have a team that covers all your bases to account for the the different types of Pokémon you'll encounter.

Moreover, the Thunder Stone is something you would have to purchase at the PokéMart for 3000 PD, it's not a drop from sidequests. 

As for the blue orb, it is considered a rare drop; and you would have to complete the Hoenn region for a chance of it dropping (because of the rarity, it may now even drop the first time). Battles can take a lot of time, but it serves a purpose being that way. If it was so easy to get items like a blue orb then it would have pretty much no value and nearly every player would have variants of Kyogre (Primal). Like any other game you have to do a lot of battles to get good loot, and that's no different in Pokémon Vortex- whether it's for items from sidequests, points, training for exp or for obtaining Pokédollars, you just have to do a lot of battles (that being said, if you don't want to do that, then mystery boxes and auctions are another way to get rare items).

Edited by Jenova
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jenova said:

You will have a chance at obtaining rewards once you have completed a region (for more information you can check out the 
PV wiki page- https://wiki.pokemon-vortex.com/wiki/Sidequests
30-45 battles is not even halfway to completing the first section yet- that's still in the Kanto region. If you're finding that battles are difficult to go through, then it would be best to have a team that covers all your bases to account for the the different types of Pokémon you'll encounter.

Moreover, the Thunder Stone is something you would have to purchase at the PokéMart for 3000 PD, it's not a drop from sidequests. 

As for the blue orb, it is considered a rare drop; and you would have to complete the Hoenn region for a chance of it dropping (because of the rarity, it may now even drop the first time). Battles can take a lot of time, but it serves a purpose being that way. If it was so easy to get items like a blue orb then it would have pretty much no value and nearly every player would have variants of Kyogre (Primal). Like any other game you have to do a lot of battles to get good loot, and that's no different in Pokémon Vortex- whether it's for items from sidequests, points, training for exp or for obtaining Pokédollars, you just have to do a lot of battles (that being said, if you don't want to do that, then mystery boxes and auctions are another way to get rare items).

I just think it's far too monotonous and excessive. Like why is genuine overworld sidequests not a valid option? There is a reason we are not Redditors here; we should not be downvoting each others' opinions like this!

4 hours ago, Marioipod13 said:

Patrick is consdering changes to the Sidequest system, to make it more worth playing.

• Love-dis 1

I would also like to add in that I want to know what changes he has considered. I think the best idea is probably to make more of an adventure for the sidequests and decrease the monotonous battling through 1000 trainers with Rattatas and Onixes.

I would also like to add in that I want to know what changes he has considered. I think the best idea is probably to make more of an adventure for the sidequests and decrease the monotonous battling through 1000 trainers with Rattatas and Onixes.

I don't recall the details, but it has been previously discussed on the Forums.
Unfortuantely I don't remember which topic it was in.

55 minutes ago, Kogamaster1234 said:

At least all the side quest pokes are lvl100 if you are only a few level your doomed

Even so... It really isn't that fun to have to grind through endless trainers for comparatively small rewards. Why not at least make them big targets like trainers with Level 150 Legendaries for the orbs and mega stones and stuff?

51 minutes ago, Marioipod13 said:

Even so... It really isn't that fun to have to grind through endless trainers for comparatively small rewards. Why not at least make them big targets like trainers with Level 150 Legendaries for the orbs and mega stones and stuff?

there are trainers with pokemon that are much higher than level 100, but usually these trainers are only encountered close to the end of region.   

also at the end even if you don't get the item the you're hoping for, you would still get a ton of pds (more than million pds can be attained)