Pokémon Vortex
Paparus

How to get legendarys

Question

1 answer to this question

Short answer: To have the ability for legendaries to spawn in the world, you only have to beat the gyms, not the elite four and champion (but you can still do them nonetheless).

Long Answer:As you may or may not have noticed, if you go on your profile, at the bottom of the page there are something called "Legendary Pokemon Unlocks" and each ribbon unlocked means you can encounter legendaries native to that region. For example, if you only have the Kanto Ribbon unlocked, you can only encounter Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno, Mew and Mewtwo in the world. If you also unlock the Johto Ribbon, you can encounter all the Kanto legendaries and also the Johto ones, and so on. (I think Mythicals are unlocked this way as well)

To unlock a specific ribbon, you have to defeat the gyms associated with that ribbon's region. If you want to unlock the Kanto Ribbon, you have to fight and win all eight gym badges for that region. You can fight all Kanto-Alola (Alola does not have gyms but it does have Trial Captains and Kahunas, and you need to defeat them all to get the badge) gyms by going to Battle->Battle in a Gym->then use the headers provided to fight. To access the Galar gyms you have to find them on the map, rather than using the menu.

After doing that its just a matter of getting lucky and finding a legendary in the world since they're pretty rare.

I hope this helps and I am more than happy to provide you with more information if needed!

Edited by CandyCotton
  • Love-dis 1
  • Upvote 1