Pokémon Vortex
strayaZilas

Some ideas I've jotted down, compiled.

- trade offer counter
A small "counter" that keeps track of how many pokemon you have so far selected for a trade offer - to help avoid needing to keep count and/or accidentally going over the 20 limit.

- increased max listing price
With things like normal Arceus (Unknown) promo codes selling for double the maximum listing price, I thought it would be nice to get a lift on how much something can be listed for, so more exciting high end bidding wars can take place and buyers aren't expected to simply bid such amounts on pokeballs.

- clan advert page
Thought it would be cute to have an in-game place for people to pay a fee to advertise their clan like a marketplace, to be filled with memes, clan details and whatnot, allowing creativity and humor to attract members.

- PD bank
A place to deposit/withdraw PD for a peace of mind while bidding on Pokebay, I'm sure a few can relate to triple checking your bid doesn't have an extra zero constantly.

- ball changing
I get maybe not changing something like a cherish ball, but turning an ultra ball into a master ball for a fee would be cool, maybe allowing for ball changing as a single day event very sporadically or for a high fee as a money sink.

- wanted pokemon
Thought it'd be nice to be able to display what pokemon you'd like in exchange for what you're listing on trades. I love not having to negotiate with or talk to people tbh.

- pokedex numbers
Thought it'd be nice in addition to having, for example "Galar - 65%" it could also display within the Galar dex "450/690" so I can flex collect more efficiently. Percentages don't compute with me very well and raw numbers look impressive.

• Love-dis 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 9

1 hour ago, strayaZilas said:

- trade offer counter

Honestly surprised this didn't come with the implementation of trade offers

- increased max listing price

At first I thought starting price wouldn't matter since if someone is going to pay x amount, they'll pay x amount, but this makes sense for items/Pokemon that people absolutely don't want to sell for below 100m pd. There might be a reason why a 100m cap exists in the first place but I can't think of a good one myself right now. Maybe things selling for above 100m pd wasn't expected when Pokebay was first made? 

- clan advert page

Feel like it'd maybe be superfluous with #clan-recruitment already existing. I can imagine not many people using it if they have to pay a fee when they can otherwise advertise on Discord for free. You're right in that it could be more supportive towards newer/smaller clans instead of top clans just taking all of the spotlight. 

- PD bank

I like this because I can imagine people using the bank for reasons other than accidentally overspending in Pokebay. That issue could probably be fixed more easily in a different way. Personally I would use the bank for storing pd and saving up for events and stopping the temptations I get from spending whenever I see something good in Pokebay. Other players have suggested pd banks that come with interest over time. 

Accidental overspending could maybe be minimised by adding an optional toggle that warns you when you're about to place a bid that is a certain percentage above the current price?

- ball changing

As someone that only uses Poke balls and Vortex balls, I would love and hate this equally. I would love it for convenience, but I'd hate it for downplaying the effort I've put in for ball choice lmao. That being said, personally I don't see this being implemented because some people actually care about balls and it even comes into fruition when trading. It's not just another "Edition 1" situation where no one cared and removing it spoiled nothing of value.

- wanted pokemon

I love not having to negotiate with or talk to people tbh.

yes

(You didn't suggest it, but this reminds me of the GTS in the mainline games and auto-accepts probably aren't the way to go unless other offers can still be put through. Otherwise it'd be plagued with trolls asking for Arceus (Unknown) in exchange for Trubbish)

pokedex numbers

Yeah lol, reminds me of when we didn't have percentage counters for the total dex showcase on our viewable profiles, except it's the opposite thing missing in this case.  

I do be loving these ideas tho 

V0MWvf2.png

Edited by tipsyturtle
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2