Pokémon Vortex
TheRealKyubi

Some Questions on Vortex

Question

NinetalesSo, I've been wondering. Firstly, are the starters postgame, meaning you have to beat EVERY gym to catch an extra? Also, how do you get Vortex Balls and what do they do? By the way, I might be giving out a free starter to 1 lucky person who follows me first! Stay tuned for more...

5 answers to this question

4 hours ago, TheRealKyubi said:

Thanks, but are starters postgame like the legendaries, or just there? Also I messaged Patrick that he should make shinies at least a little hard to get. Thanks!

Unlike legendaries you can find starters without beating the gyms but it'll usually take a lot of grinding unless you luck out on the map or the odd auction house/trade. 

Adding on to @waybig you can also find vortex balls in daily login if you somehow get a lucky mystery box.

The other new pokeball is the beast ball which you can get from doing sidequests. It also has a 100% capture rate against ultra beasts.

• Upvote 1

Starters are very hard to find in the wild. Before this update, they had the same rarity as regular Pokemon.

However, now finding a starter in the wild is a rare event.

Vortex Balls are the same as Master Balls i.e they have a 100% catch rate. The difference being you can even catch Ultra Beasts with them. This is not achievable with a master ball.

Vortex Balls can be won in Pokebay Auctions or you can buy them with real money from the forums store.

Hope I helped!

-Waybig

Edited by waybig

11 hours ago, waybig said:

Starters are very hard to find in the wild. Before this update, they had the same rarity as regular Pokemon.

However, now finding a starter in the wild is a rare event.

Vortex Balls are the same as Master Balls i.e they have a 100% catch rate. The difference being you can even catch Ultra Beasts with them. This is not achievable with a master ball.

Vortex Balls can be won in Pokebay Auctions or you can buy them with real money from the forums store.

Hope I helped!

-Waybig

Thanks, but are starters postgame like the legendaries, or just there? Also I messaged Patrick that he should make shinies at least a little hard to get. Thanks!

1 minute ago, iwamineshuu said:

Unlike legendaries you can find starters without beating the gyms but it'll usually take a lot of grinding unless you luck out on the map or the odd auction house/trade. 

Adding on to @waybig you can also find vortex balls in daily login if you somehow get a lucky mystery box.

The other new pokeball is the beast ball which you can get from doing sidequests. It also has a 100% capture rate against ultra beasts.

hey dude can u trade me a charmander if u have one