Pokémon Vortex
Xx_21Fire_xX

I was scammed big time

So, here is my story. 

I hadn't played in 2 years and i start playing the game

This guy added (pokebro83) me and acted like he was talking to me and then he asks for my shiny mewtwo armor, and i didn't know that it was worth a lot. 

So, i asked him how much it was worth and he said about a million pokedollars and since it was shiny about 1.5 million pokedollars for a shiny mewtwo armor. but we had traded the pokemon 1 shiny mewtwo armor for a 718and a 890.

And i belived him because he said he knows all about this game. So, i did the trade and right after i did the trade he blocked me, and i though he accidentally did it.

But when i tried messaging him why he blocked me, he didn't reply. so later when i told my friend about this deal he said that i had been scammed. 

So, i tried messaging him again asking that can we untrade and he said that we could untrade if i could give him some of my best pokes and his pokes back. which was obviously a bad deal. and then he put a message in his bio saying that i scammed him and i exploited his trust.

But i was kind of sad at first but then i realized that there are some people in this game are scammers and i have to be aware of who is and who is not. 

So, i hope you can learn from my mistakes and be careful and please don't trade with pokeboy83. 

Here are some tips to know if someone is a scammer

1. He will always be asking to trade your best pokemons for his average pokemons

2. He uses excuses like "today is my birthday", "i will give it to you when i get it back from my brother"

3. He dosen't have any pokemons he caught

4. Always looking through your pokemons and asking them

5. Constantly asking for favors and saying he is your friend and you can trust him (that just sounds a little suspiscous).

I hope this helped you and be careful there is no such thing as a perfect world, there will be honest people and unfair people but you have to careful.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 7

It does sound like they made use of the fact you didn't know much about the value of Pokémon and got a Pokémon for a lot lower price than their standard value.
It's not nice, but it doesn't sound illegal.

To get an idea of a Pokémon's approximate value, you can use the !value command in the Bot-commands channel in the Vortex Discord.

• Upvote 5

let me tell you one thing:my dark eternatus had like 2.4 or 2.5m exp and the dark zygarde had like 500k exp,also when you asked me the shiny mewtwo armour back,you said if you don't get it,you will have to stop playing this game as your brother will stop it...........how are you still playing it?(proves he is a liar) and i also agree that the trade was not fair,and then you started to make excuses,not me.so it was an unfair trde,it wasn't a scam.ALSO YOU WERE THE ONE WHO BLOCKED ME AND I TRIED TO CONTACT YOU,AND YOU WERE THE ONE WHO BROKE MY TRUST........IF U WANT contact me,i did not block you........

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
  • T-rubbish 6