Are these glitches normal?

TheTwilightDancer

Question

I experienced a really bad glitch while hunting for Hisuian Zorua. I found a shiny Darkrown but when I started battle, the page redirected me to a previous battle against a wild Pokemon I beat. It then took me back to the map and the Darkrown was gone. This is infuriating, and I really hope it doesn't happen again.

6 answers to this question

This gets posted every week. What happened is you didn't press "continue" to finish the previous battle so the game registered you as still being in that battle. When you encountered the Darkrown the game sent you to the battle page which just resumed the previous unfinished encounter. 

It should be fixed or made more clear that you have an unfinished battle while you're hunting, ridiculous that we still get forum posts asking this question every few days

3 hours ago, TheTwilightDancer said:

I experienced a really bad glitch while hunting for Hisuian Zorua. I found a shiny Darkrown but when I started battle, the page redirected me to a previous battle against a wild Pokemon I beat. It then took me back to the map and the Darkrown was gone. This is infuriating, and I really hope it doesn't happen again.

What type of device are u using? iOS or Android? If ur using iOS then it could be because u switch tabs while battling or u refreshed the page. If ur  using Android, then it could be a new type of glitch, idk. Hope this helps TwilightDancer :)

• T-rubbish 2

43 minutes ago, TheTwilightDancer said:

And if it gets ridiculous, ignore them. New people, like me, are bound to experience something like this and not know how frequently it occurs with other people.

Don't worry, I'm complaining about the game, not about you lol

• Love-dis 1

3 hours ago, pokemonML said:

What type of device are u using? iOS or Android? If ur using iOS then it could be because u switch tabs while battling or u refreshed the page. If ur  using Android, then it could be a new type of glitch, idk. Hope this helps TwilightDancer :)

No, I'm using the PC. It has only happened one time, but it very unluckily happened when I found a rare shiny Legendary. And, I don't know what caused the glitch to happen to be honest. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary between it and the previous Pokemon battle.

31 minutes ago, billabob said:

This gets posted every week. What happened is you didn't press "continue" to finish the previous battle so the game registered you as still being in that battle. When you encountered the Darkrown the game sent you to the battle page which just resumed the previous unfinished encounter. 

It should be fixed or made more clear that you have an unfinished battle while you're hunting, ridiculous that we still get forum posts asking this question every few days

I did hit continue and everything seemed to function normally. Maybe it just didn't register, as I've had connection problems and lagging issues before, though this incident is the first that happened. And if it gets ridiculous, ignore them. New people, like me, are bound to experience something like this and not know how frequently it occurs with other people.

38 minutes ago, Rimuz said:

When you battled a previous pokemon and you caught it did you press continue or the top left explore

I did. I'm not sure what caused this, maybe a connection issue that failed to register that I did in fact complete the battle.