Pokémon Vortex
Patrick

Pokémon experience reset when traded/auctioned

I do not think it is necessary to change the leaderboard. I enjoy looking at it from time to time just to see who is on top and the top accounts in the game. I would prefer to maintain the fixed leaderboard with the consistent top players on it as it adds structure to the game and gives the new player something to strive towards.

2 hours ago, Ecthelion said:

Why not remove all excess experience on pokemons?

My proposition is reset all 100 level pokemon's experience to 50000. Excess experience doesn't have any function in game, it doesn't make your pokemon stronger. There is a limit.
Then remove the highest experienced pokemon list, so there will be no competetion for this.
Instead of making pokemons experienced, add this excess experience to pokemon's current owner. There is a total experience statistic in game, to be an alternative to Top Pokemon list there can be Top User Experience list.

So when a pokemon becomes level 100, it doesn't get experience from battles but the user will get it still.
This way, users won't think they fought all their battles to get experience for nothing because they will still have their experience and this will be all about personal effort to get in leaderboards.
Also my final words are: Experience by definition can not be bought instantly but obtained over time and it should be like that in this game too.

The user experience sounds good but if you can still keep exp on pokes and its just not counted in leaderboards... That actually sounds good, I like that idea

Edited by Tommyometer
  • Thanks 1

i think that it's a bad idea, because:

- some people like to train on separate account

- if you have a rare pokemon that has lots of experience on it, it would be much more difficult to negotiate it, since you would be trading away a pokemon that you worked hard on, and they would be recieving that same pokemon without it

what you can do instead :

(seems kinda stupid, but) you can have a separate area for trading experience, that has to be approved by a mod after it  has been confirmed by both sides (so that it's legit)(i know it's stupid)

7 hours ago, Ecthelion said:

Why not remove all excess experience on pokemons?

My proposition is reset all 100 level pokemon's experience to 50000. Excess experience doesn't have any function in game, it doesn't make your pokemon stronger. There is a limit.
Then remove the highest experienced pokemon list, so there will be no competetion for this.
Instead of making pokemons experienced, add this excess experience to pokemon's current owner. There is a total experience statistic in game, to be an alternative to Top Pokemon list there can be Top User Experience list.

So when a pokemon becomes level 100, it doesn't get experience from battles but the user will get it still.
This way, users won't think they fought all their battles to get experience for nothing because they will still have their experience and this will be all about personal effort to get in leaderboards.
Also my final words are: Experience by definition can not be bought instantly but obtained over time and it should be like that in this game too.

Seriously, I think your idea is great.

• Thanks 1

I really like this idea because I feel that it will bring back the balance in the game because the new comers are no where near the players who have been playing since a long time and feel inferior. At last it will spark greater interest among new comers

• Sad 1