Pokémon Vortex
Luiss-Angel

Doubt about the use of dark mode in the game

Hello everyone ,  I have a question , is the dark mode for the game allowed in the game?
since I have seen some friends of the game use it, they use an extension called "Dark Reader"   🧐

This extension :   https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-reader/eimadpbcbfnmbkopoojfekhnkhdbieeh/related?hl=en

It looks like this, if that extension is activated ↓↓

Image :  https://prnt.sc/15n3g0y 

I would like to use it more than anything because many times the white color tires a bit the eyes, but I do not know if it is allowed to use it and also to warn my friends in case it is no allowed to use it.

I hope your prompt response from the game administrators.  😃

Thanks 🙂

• Love-dis 7
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Yes, I'm still looking for an answer to that. If using night mode (or dark mode) via chrome extension or as a feature of some browser is "cheating" or if it is allowed to use it. So I can use it with confidence and without fear of a future ban, just to try to take care of my eyesight a bit.

Help Patrick o Flame

This has been answered before, 

Personally I don't understand why making the page darker is banned, I understand the devs want everyone to have the same 100% vanilla experience and I love that aspect of PV, but dark mode is a standard accessibility setting that the vast majority of popular websites support. The glaring white battle page causes me eye strain after a while so I can't train more than ~100K at a time without having to take breaks and my eyes aren't particularly sensitive

I'd love if a dark mode could be added in the settings somewhere or if (at the very least) dark mode services aren't explicitly banned. The majority of users have it enabled non-stop and won't even realise PV disallows it/doesn't have a dark mode. Not to mention screen sizes, browsers etc cause users to have a fundamentally different experience already but that's a whole different argument

• Love-dis 3

I agree with this and yes I've seen the posts of Patrick saying it wont change but Dark Mode and High contrast some people actually physically need it because they have some eye disease. Now I'm not saying I have something like this or anything but personally I would prefer training in Dark Mode as its better for my eyesight rather than spending an hour or two blinding my eyes with white light.