Pokémon Vortex

After playing the game for about two years (since the old maps), I feel that sometimes the battles and overall experience of vortex gets kinda repetitive. 

The recent update to exploring made it much more exciting and I feel that perhaps one thing we could do to make it slightly more interesting would be to:

1. Make a Pokemon League with rewards and progression

2. Pokemon battling rework, perhaps changing some pokemon's health/damage  (e.g. snorlax might haveInsert image from URL more health than other pokemon) 

3. False swipe (need I say more)

4. Achievements return and rewards

5. Ability to change pokemon's pokeball to other pokeballs, perhaps at a price.

There would be no point in tinkering PV to be more like a standard Pokemon game when you can just play a standard Pokemon game.

PV is the spiritual successor to Pokemon Crater, which was awesome in its simplicity and casual gameplay. PV is already way more than PC was so I'm content and grateful enough. Just some other quick counterpoints;

1. the League is basically clans, and Sidequests already have rewards and progression. 

2. If that happened, everyone and their grandma would be using snorlax for competitive reasons. An even playing field lets people use pokemon they like and still have a chance at battles. Im sick of meta gamers.

3. False swipe does 67 damage every time no matter what. I suspect the coding to keep the 1HP left effect from the game is too intricate, so keep in mind 67 when whittling HP and you should be safe from accidental KOs.

4. Theres a calander reward system, VC credits for season shop rewards, lootboxes to buy from pokebay, sidequest rewards, and unlocking legendary Pokes for getting badges. That not enough?

5. This one is small and innocuous I don't see why not actually. 

Edited by TreyBarks

I think false swipe would actually make the game less interesting. As it is you need to be careful with what moves you use and calculate/estimate how much damage you can get away with before knocking out the wild Pokemon. With false swipe that would be reduced to 2 clicks then Pokeball and it's done.

Yeah number 6 would be nice, especially for me as I like having my Pokedex clean and tidy but I wouldn't want to hunt for certain legendaries again, but I have to agree with TreyBarks. Most of these are either covered already (although the achievements feature which is "being remade" would be fun) or they go against the spirit of the game. 

On 5/3/2022 at 6:19 PM, TreyBarks said:

There would be no point in tinkering PV to be more like a standard Pokemon game when you can just play a standard Pokemon game.

PV is the spiritual successor to Pokemon Crater, which was awesome in its simplicity and casual gameplay. PV is already way more than PC was so I'm content and grateful enough. Just some other quick counterpoints;

1. the League is basically clans, and Sidequests already have rewards and progression. 

2. If that happened, everyone and their grandma would be using snorlax for competitive reasons. An even playing field lets people use pokemon they like and still have a chance at battles. Im sick of meta gamers.

3. False swipe does 67 damage every time no matter what. I suspect the coding to keep the 1HP left effect from the game is too intricate, so keep in mind 67 when whittling HP and you should be safe from accidental KOs.

4. Theres a calander reward system, VC credits for season shop rewards, lootboxes to buy from pokebay, sidequest rewards, and unlocking legendary Pokes for getting badges. That not enough?

5. This one is small and innocuous I don't see why not actually. 

I agree with most of your points but the only thing I would really want to see would be pokemon league as it gives older players a chance to show off their pokemon and/or have a new point. I say this as sidequests can be boring and not everyone can join a competitive clan. ( plus clans dont really have rewards)