Pokémon Vortex
Newrogue

Game fps drop in map section

Question

I've noticed since around this morning whenever I go into the explore section my fps crawls down to around 5 and stays there. I used to average 60 until now. I waited to see if it would still happen and it hasn't gone away. I am unaware of any changes to my pc settings and the like. Has anyone had any experience with this or any possible solutions?

6 answers to this question

It has fixed itself after logging in on my chromebook and now checking my pc again. I am still unaware as to what caused the issue and what really resolved it. Thank you to anyone who made suggestions.

I've not noticed anything recently.
Perhaps it happened to be the case that at that time many people were on the map you were on, or many people were playing in general, causing some lag.
However, for fps I'm not sure what the cause could be.
There are quality options when you Explore the map. Lowering that may help.

10 hours ago, Auke1993 said:

I've not noticed anything recently.
Perhaps it happened to be the case that at that time many people were on the map you were on, or many people were playing in general, causing some lag.
However, for fps I'm not sure what the cause could be.
There are quality options when you Explore the map. Lowering that may help.

I've tried lowering the graphics but the boost is minimal. I don't really understand if its due to the amount of players, as I've not had this experience with events in the past, where there were far more people. It started on route 2 and carries over whenever I leave. Thanks for the input though I appreciate it.

1 hour ago, billabob said:

Make sure hardware acceleration is turned on in your browser settings. For me the difference is between smooth gameplay and absolutely unplayable.

I had it turned off since i read somewhere it slowed things down while researching this, but I'll turn it back on and see if anything changes. I will update if things get better but for now i appreciate any input that can be offered

2 hours ago, Newrogue said:

I had it turned off since i read somewhere it slowed things down while researching this, but I'll turn it back on and see if anything changes. I will update if things get better but for now i appreciate any input that can be offered

It seems to only happen on my computer as my chromebook still runs the map fine.