Pokedex Inquiry

asarhu7926

Question

Hello,

The inquiry is about how the pokedex works in this server -- if it's whether calculated differently or the same as vanilla.

Given the image below:

1a.png

(A) Assuming I have evolved from base (bulbasaur), this should be counted as 60% for this specific unit at this progress

OR

(B) Only counts 20% since I need to get 5 copies of this specific unit and evolved to required evolution in order to meet the criteria.

If there is a pre-existing topic regarding this matter, please guide me accordingly. That would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

6 answers to this question

Only what you currently own is checked. This is different from how the Pokédex works in the main Pokémon games.

So in Vortex, even if you've cought 50 Pidgey, but then evolved, traded, or released them all, your Pokédex will list 0 Pidgey.
You must currently own a Pokémon (and not have it up for trade or auction) for it to count towards your Pokédex total.

• Love-dis 1

You probably got to catch every variant of the Pokémon and if you evolve the Pokemon you collected for the Pokédex, the pre evolve pokemon entry will probably be gone again and you have to catch another prevolve, the Pokédex probably depended on what you own for your Pokédex, I don’t really do pokedex cause I will have to catch trash pokes

Edited by Kogamaster1234

11 minutes ago, asarhu7926 said:

Thanks for the responses.

I guess it's nearly impossible to 100% the pokedex if that's the case; considering the rate of shiny (and others) not to mention the rarity (rare, legendary, ultra). And, of course, those listed that aren't implemented yet and those that only appear on events. But an attempt to catch all available would still be a worthwhile hobby...I guess.

It's a goal of mine to complete the full dex.
If I ever will is a genuine question. I'd like to get close for sure. I try to add a bit to my Dex every time I play.

• Love-dis 1

9 minutes ago, billabob said:

It's effectively a living dex, past ownership isn't taken into account at all.

8 minutes ago, Auke1993 said:

Only what you currently own is checked. This is different from how the Pokédex works in the main Pokémon games.

So in Vortex, even if you've cought 50 Pidgey, but then evolved, traded, or released them all, your Pokédex will list 0 Pidgey.
You must currently own a Pokémon (and not have it up for trade or auction) for it to count towards your Pokédex total.

I guess it's nearly impossible to 100% the pokedex if that's the case; considering the rate of shiny (and others) not to mention the rarity (rare, legendary, ultra). And, of course, those listed that aren't implemented yet and those that only appear on events. But an attempt to catch all available would still be a worthwhile hobby...I guess.

Edited by asarhu7926

8 minutes ago, asarhu7926 said:

Jouni has a full dex, at least of what's obtainable :)

• Love-dis 1