Points getting deducted?

TheTwilightDancer

Question

I noticed when I caught a Pokemon, my unique Pokemon total and points went up, but when I trained and evolved said Pokemon, the unique Pokemon count went back down 1 and season points were taken away. Is this normal? The evolved Pokemon wasn't a species I had either. Shouldn't the Pokemon I evolved it from show the clear circle (meaning I don't have it anymore) but still keep the green plus sign so that I can't make points catching the same one again? Because I notice it does that if I release a Pokemon or trade it. Also, any tips on how to get more points quickly? I want to save up for Dark Galarian Moltres.

3 answers to this question

• Developer

The game works like a living dex, that’s why.

You need to own a Pokémon for it to be considered obtained.

For example, you need a Pidgey, Pidgeotto, Pidgeot and Pidgeot (Mega) all at the same time, this will count as 4 “Uniques” (Pokedex entries)

If you have these four and you evolve your Pidgey into Pidgeotto, your Unique count will drop to three because you now have two Pidgeotto and are missing Pidgey again (also if either Pidgeotto has less experience than your account average experience, this will lower the points further).

Releasing/trading does not affect seasons, everything you do in a given season is set in stone and is only wiped once the season is over.

There are many forum topics covering this if you use the search, I’m sure there will be some that go into even greater detail, including an explanation on the mathematic formula to points, which is public knowledge.

• Love-dis 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, unknown_citizen said:

I think it's because the seasonal points are based on a Formula calculation which considers your battles (wins) (only on Battle Tower), unique pokémon count, total xp and average xp. How exactly the Formula is (?)... we don't know bcoz it's not public knowledge, only mods and developers know (!).

My suggestion or "tip" is: You must balance the variables (of Formula calculation) for your side, have a good (strong, fast & furious) wifi connection, play ALOT the game, send me gift cards, train the pokemon that were caught on the current month, etc....

Training the Pokemon I caught during the season yields points as well? I guess I can't evolve them though, because evolving a unique Pokemon I caught deducts the points (and Pokemon count going down 1) making it seem like I have never caught that Pokemon in the first place. When I find the same one again in the wild, there's no clear circle or a green plus sign. These appear when I trade away or release a Pokemon, but when I evolve it, it's as if I never caught it. I'm not sure if that was intended or not but it doesn't seem to make sense. I'll try balancing all my statistics though and see if that makes a bigger change to points earned.

I think it's because the seasonal points are based on a Formula calculation which considers your battles (wins) (only on Battle Tower), unique pokémon count, total xp and average xp. How exactly the Formula is (?)... we don't know bcoz it's not public knowledge, only mods and developers know (!).

My suggestions or "tips" are:  You must balance the variables (of Formula calculation) from your side, have a good (strong, fast & furious) wifi connection, play ALOT the game, send me gift cards, train the pokemon that were caught on the current month, etc....

I'm not sure about the evolved pokémon part on Seasonals, sorry!

Anywayz, I wish you best luck on your seasonal rank!!!

Edited by unknown_citizen
Dark Galarian Moltres is high class pokémon
  • T-rubbish 1