Pokémon Vortex
Mr.Starkfromwhoknows

A question about the update

Question

So recently, there was an update saying that we only have to complete gyms to collect legendary Pokémon, as well as you only need to complete the gyms of a certain region to catch legendary Pokemon from that region. For instance, if I complete all the unova gyms, I can catch zekrom on the maps. However, that would not mean I can catch lugia as it originates from jotho, not unova, unless I had all the jotho badges. However... What about legendary Pokemon that originates from Pokemon vortex itself, like darkrown and the elemental dratinis? They don't originate from any region! So I wonder, how do those work? Legendaries that don't originate from any region, but rather, Pokemon Vortex itself?

2 answers to this question

• Developer

For Vortex originals like Darkrown and the Dratini forms, you need to complete all currently available regions.

Right now, this means you need alll badges from Kanto to Alola. When the Galar League comes, you will no longer be able to find these Pokémon until you obtain all Galar badges as well.

• Love-dis 1

I hadn't thought about that.

My guess is they work in the region of the Pokémon they're based on. So the elemental Dratinis would be Kanto, with Darkrown being Sinnoh.
Having them be special Legendaries may require all regions too.
I don't know the answer. What I said here are just theories.