Pokémon Vortex
khyeborg

Making token trading permanent

In future iterations of the game, I recommend we make token trading (used for the eevee christmas event) a permanent feature in the game. Not to purchase eevee christmas tho, but for some other unreleased pokemon. The ways to obtain tokens can be different too (changing evolve or catching eevee into evolving or catching other pokemon). It would be so fun! 

It can be used for anything really? Maybe introduce silvally forms??? And X number of tokens would enable you to transform a typical silvally into a silvally (fire), etc.? 

The code for the token-trading feature has been written anyway. Why not use it for something more permanent in the game? :) 

• Love-dis 2
  • Upvote 6

This idea is surely nice. 
But, Silvally can be transformed with the help of memory drive / memory disc. 
Silvally forms maybe added after the current un-released Arceus forms gets released. 

@jamorant Unless admins plan to bring back another token event, the code that has been written for the token-trading feature will be wasted.

I am recommending for the code to be reused in the game, but for different purposes (i.e. Not to purchase eevee christmas). So the "event" side of things is to trade for eevee christmas, while the "permanent token-trading feature" side of things can be used to enhance overall gameplay :) 

@omg414 Imagine the ability to earn tokens as a permanent feature in the game and exchange tokens for memory drives / memory discs to transform Silvally or even genesect (aqua and lightning). It's funnnnn~ 

• Upvote 1

On 1/10/2022 at 10:30 AM, khyeborg said:

In future iterations of the game, I recommend we make token trading (used for the eevee christmas event) a permanent feature in the game. Not to purchase eevee christmas tho, but for some other unreleased pokemon. The ways to obtain tokens can be different too (changing evolve or catching eevee into evolving or catching other pokemon). It would be so fun! 

It can be used for anything really? Maybe introduce silvally forms??? And X number of tokens would enable you to transform a typical silvally into a silvally (fire), etc.? 

The code for the token-trading feature has been written anyway. Why not use it for something more permanent in the game? :) 

there should be another type of token like there's the "event token" and there's the "_____ token" (you think of the name) so it doesn't take away the point of events

On 1/11/2022 at 2:36 AM, khyeborg said:

@omg414 Imagine the ability to earn tokens as a permanent feature in the game and exchange tokens for memory drives / memory discs to transform Silvally or even genesect (aqua and lightning). It's funnnnn~ 

Making tokens available for event pokes is not a good idea. People would complete them very fast. They would again start complaining the game is dead. 

Pokemon vortex is designed in such a way that this game can be played for years. It's not for a small period of time. Making tokens available permanently will just take away the point of events. 

I would want Silvally forms to be available like Arceus forms. 

Maybe token system can be used for side pokedex or maybe something different might be coming there.

@billabob By token-trading, I mean trading tokens for new unreleased poke, like Idk regieleki, regidrago, glastrier, spectrier, and calyrex? Instead of catching them in the wild, there would be a token system (similar to the eevee christmas system) to obtain these unreleased pokemon.

And by making it a permanent feature, I mean people should be able to carry out the gameplay anytime, and not only within a specific window of time.