Pokémon Vortex

Remove the "trubbish" reaction

While expressing dislike for a post or an opinion is natural in theory, there are users who will misuse the function to deliberately invalidate people's ideas. I therefore believe the "t-rubbish" reaction should be permanently removed from the forums.

I think removing it will make this community a more accepting community.

With all the trash/misleading replies we get on this forum a "dislike" button is necessary. The Trubbish is Pokemon themed and really funny so it's perfect

And as Auke said, misusing it is against the rules, like how when you spammed it on all my posts a moderator had to take time out of their day to remove them.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Marioipod13 said:

While expressing dislike for a post or an opinion is natural in theory, there are users who will misuse the function to deliberately invalidate people's ideas. I therefore believe the "t-rubbish" reaction should be permanently removed from the forums.

I think removing it will make this community a more accepting community.

It's literally the equivalent of YouTube removing the dislike button, including what Auke1993 said, there is simply no point otherwise.

TrubbishTrubbish

The trouble is in life people are always going to disagree and you cant really judge what their motives are for that. But being able to disagree with others in the right way (which is what the emoji is intended for) is important in maintaining what forums is and how they work (with good ideas and issues being brought able to be discussed in a robust manner and a general consensus on how people feel on something being made clear)

Also, Patricks life would be boring without it, can you imagine all the posts that waste his time that he cant react it on.

• Love-dis 1

I want so say to many things regarding your post. but by your understanding it will be as I am attacking you!

I agree with Auke regarding misuse or using any way to harass anyone, but critisism of post is not harrasement.

But removing option to react to stupid things with appropriate reaction will not "make this community a more accepting community", but will put in censorship and will protect only people who are scared of criticism.

Does that ring a bell?

Edited by ImmortalDarkCrow
Removed part that will trigger OP
  • Upvote 1

About 3 years ago there was a "💩" reaction (instead the "t-rubbish" one), which was worse.

People can express their emoticon/reactions when they think is necessary or they want to dislike something. Just don't be so sensitive about other people's opinion...  just ignore them!

On 6/15/2023 at 12:06 PM, InteleonKnight said:

It's literally the equivalent of YouTube removing the dislike button, including what Auke1993 said, there is simply no point otherwise.

TrubbishTrubbish

It is very different; the dislike button on YouTube is intended as constructive criticism and users give a reason why they disliked the video. (not just "I hate this video and the user who posted it doesn't deserve free speech!)

On this site, there is no productivity with any type of dislike button or downvote whatsoever. It is only used on this site to ensure other peoples' ideas don't matter. Billabob has attacked my reputation several times on this site just because he doesn't like that I think the sidequests are not fun. He thinks he is always right and I was always wrong.

And you proven my point about being scared of criticism, as you put "t-rubbish" reaction to all people who criticized your opinion.

Do you see hypocrisy?

You put "T-rubbish" so easly on other people post, but at same time, you want it to be removed as other people put "T-rubbish" on your posts...

At this point anything you say is just joke to be honest.

• Upvote 1