About Ultra Beasts

PenguinizedYT

Question

1. I am currently hunting for Poipole and would like to know how likely Ultra Beasts are to spawn and what their spawn rate is in percentages.

2. Does the Beast Ball have a 100% chance to catch Ultra Beasts as well as other Pokemon?

That's all. I hope this is not too hard to figure out.

4 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, PenguinizedYT said:

1. I am currently hunting for Poipole and would like to know how likely Ultra Beasts are to spawn and what their spawn rate is in percentages.

2. Does the Beast Ball have a 100% chance to catch Ultra Beasts as well as other Pokemon?

That's all. I hope this is not too hard to figure out.

Hi,

1. The exact percentage of the spawn rate of Poipole or any UB is not public information since the beginning of v5. Sorry!

2. Beast Balls ONLY work on UB. It does NOT work on other class of pokemon (such as common, rare, legendary, ...). Only for UBs.

Have a nice day/night!

• Love-dis 2

In response to your questions:

1. The exact percentage of the spawn rate of an Ultra Beast is not known to the public, however they are much rarer than legendaries, so the percentage is probably going into a tiny decimal. I think every Ultra beast has the same chance of spawning though (for example, you have the same odds of encountering a Poipole as you do for a Buzzwole), but that is just my personal opinion- I don't know if that's verified. Your best chance of hunting Poipole is to just grind. 

2. As far as I'm aware, Beast Balls have a 100% catch rate for Ultra Beasts. In addition, you can only catch Ultra Beasts in Beast Balls. Using the Beast Ball on a normal Pokemon will have a 0% chance.

• Love-dis 1

23 hours ago, waybig said:

I thought UBs had a spawn rate of 1/10000 as opposed to legends with a 1/1000

BRUHHH  Those spawn rates were valid for v4 of Pokémon Vortex, but they've changed for the new map live system on v5. That means they're NO longer valid!

Also, the fractional numbers you're given were an approximation probability, and not an exact (spawn) rate!!

Edited by unknown_citizen
P4tr1ck close this topic, don't be lazy lol
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, unknown_citizen said:

Hi,

1. The exact percentage of the spawn rate of Poipole or any UB is not public information since the beginning of v5. Sorry!

2. Beast Balls ONLY work on UB. It does NOT work on other class of pokemon (such as common, rare, legendary, ...). Only for UBs.

Have a nice day/night!

I thought UBs had a spawn rate of 1/10000 as opposed to legends with a 1/1000

• Confused 1