Pokémon Vortex
sas

Forum Accounts

Question

Hi Patrick, 

My brothers and I play this wonderful game. 

We have separate accounts in the game.

Sometimes we share our game accounts and sometimes we don't. 

But I being the eldest one have prohibited my siblings to make a forum account. We all share the same forum account. And sometimes our personal disputes lead to terrible fights with respect to who can make a trade thread. 

We share the same wifi, but have different handsets. Can we create different forum accounts too? 

I have read the forum rules which prohibits making multiple forum accounts, and I feel that our same wifi may give a false alarm of multiple accounts. 

Please reply soon. 

Thanks. 

4 answers to this question

2 hours ago, VinChArceus said:

Separate accounts shouldn't be an issue. However, it would be an issue if you are using 2 different accounts on the same ip address.

Since you are stating here that your brothers own separate accounts, and will operate under their accounts and corresponding forum names, then there should be no issue.

I don't know if using the same wifi but different handsets count as different ip address or same ip address. 

Can anyone enlighten me about this? 

• Developer
5 hours ago, sas said:

Hi Patrick, 

My brothers and I play this wonderful game. 

We have separate accounts in the game.

Sometimes we share our game accounts and sometimes we don't. 

But I being the eldest one have prohibited my siblings to make a forum account. We all share the same forum account. And sometimes our personal disputes lead to terrible fights with respect to who can make a trade thread. 

We share the same wifi, but have different handsets. Can we create different forum accounts too? 

I have read the forum rules which prohibits making multiple forum accounts, and I feel that our same wifi may give a false alarm of multiple accounts. 

Please reply soon. 

Thanks. 

Generally before the wipe of the forums, we didn't like people creating multiple forum accounts, it complicates things such as people giving themselves reputation or ban evading or trying to enter giveaways multiple times.

However, with the addition of now being able to log in with your in-game name, this complicates it as the game does not require email validation. There are other means and ways of keeping it all under control which I'll be working on but for now I'm going to say it's fine to have other forums accounts as long as they originated from a game account.

SO, this means you can have 3 forums accounts, for example, which were all created from Vortex game accounts but you cannot sign up to the forums 3 times using its registration form.

I will be looking through the rules soon to make sure all still apply and to each of their forums. Some might be a bit outdated and need re-wording and some generally may not apply at all any more.

• Upvote 2

Separate accounts shouldn't be an issue. However, it would be an issue if you are using 2 different accounts on the same ip address.

Since you are stating here that your brothers own separate accounts, and will operate under their accounts and corresponding forum names, then there should be no issue.

• Upvote 1