Pokémon Damage

Dinofest

Hey everyone 

See, I am trying to complete some specific Pokémons’ variants. For example- For caterpie- Metallic, Mystic, Dark, Normal, Shiny and Shadow. But I want to catch them with normal pokeballs. Whenever I try to lower their HP, they faint. 

So if anyone knows any specific Pokémon with attacks that easily lower their health, pls let me know. I’m trying to build a hunting team. 

I make use of a Level 19 Shiny Pansear.
Outside of Ghost-types and the occasional Psychic-type, its combination of moves (Flame Burst, Bite, Scratch and Lick) are able to deal nice damage that can weaken most Pokémon to very low health.
I have a Level 11 Burmy (Steel) that has Hidden Power. I use that to weaken the Ghost-types. Two hits brings it down to 2 HP, I believe.

I have a Level 6 Pineco for other minor damage, would one of the first two faint early.
I use a Level 24 Shiny Braixen and a Level 37 Mystic Avalugg for rare encounters, and some Legendaries that I don't want to use the Master Ball on.
Finally I use a Shiny Spiritomb at level 100. It has no weaknesses and has 500 HP. This allows it to take hits as I try to catch the previously mentioned Legendaries that I don't want to catch with a Master Ball.

Edited by Auke1993

8 minutes ago, Dinofest said:

Bro the caterpie was an example 

yeah even I gave an example, depending upon the pokemon you make the team, also if you encounter a pokemon which you think you cannot catch with your current team then stop exploring just then and leave the maps, then go to change team and put the pokemon in your team which you feel could catch the poke u encountered, then go back to maps and catch it -_- its that simple there's no need to for a specific team also bro just catch everything with master balls.

2 hours ago, Auke1993 said:

I make use of a Level 19 Shiny Pansear.
Outside of Ghost-types and the occasional Psychic-type, its combination of moves (Flame Burst, Bite, Scratch and Lick) are able to deal nice damage that can weaken most Pokémon to very low health.
I have a Level 11 Burmy (Steel) that has Hidden Power. I use that to weaken the Ghost-types. Two hits brings it down to 2 HP, I believe.

I have a Level 6 Pineco for other minor damage, would one of the first two faint early.
I use a Level 24 Shiny Braixen and a Level 37 Mystic Avalugg for rare encounters, and some Legendaries that I don't want to use the Master Ball on.
Finally I use a Shiny Spiritomb at level 100. It has no weaknesses and has 500 HP. This allows it to take hits as I try to catch the previously mentioned Legendaries that I don't want to catch with a Master Ball.

Thanks @Auke1993

BTW love your videos

13 hours ago, Lethal_Entity said:

well for caterpie just take a water type lvl 6-15 ,6 pokemon team and lower its hp with water type attacks till its enough to be caught by a pokeball then......use a pokeball I guess

Why water types bro?

Edited by Sneezeball

I use level 14 Zubats. You can use pretty much anything as long as you know how much damage they do - my Zubats can do 7, 14, 19 or 21 damage with each move (ignoring typing)

You can also work out how much damage a move will do:

Base damage = Your Pokemon's level * attack base power / 60
If the attack type matches your Pokemon, multiply by 1.5

If your Pokemon is dark variant and the opponent is NOT metallic variant, multiply by 1.25

If the opponent is metallic variant and your Pokemon is NOT dark variant, multiply by 0.75

Then apply the super effective damage (0.25x, 0.5x, 1x, 2x, 4x)

Round the result to the nearest integer.

Metallic cancels out dark. It doesn't just apply both the multipliers at once, or the damage would actually be lower than normal vs. normal. 

Here's an example from a sidequest battle I did just now... Dark Furfrou (Heart) used Last Resort on a Hoothoot.

Spoiler

Base damage = 100 * 140 / 60 = 233.3333...

Last resort is a normal attack and Furfrou is normal type, so multiply by 1.5 = 350

My Furfrou is dark variant so multiply by 1.25 = 437.5

Normal is neutral against Hoothoot so apply no super-effective multipler.

Round the result to 438

On 3/7/2022 at 11:12 AM, Dinofest said:

Hey everyone 

See, I am trying to complete some specific Pokémons’ variants. For example- For caterpie- Metallic, Mystic, Dark, Normal, Shiny and Shadow. But I want to catch them with normal pokeballs. Whenever I try to lower their HP, they faint. 

So if anyone knows any specific Pokémon with attacks that easily lower their health, pls let me know. I’m trying to build a hunting team. 

i suggest u using lvl 10 digglett, its the best. it does 5 and above 10 dmg. which makes it realy easy to catch pokemons. i use metallic so tht it has more sustainibility. for rares i use a shadow leafeon lvl 44 or smh. its bite does 44 dmg.