Pokémon Vortex
ronakcena512

Network Ping on Live Map

I've got a idea for the developer which hopefully they will like and add to the game.

I would request the developers to add a Network Ping on live map so that the player could know if his internet is smooth.

In general, I am mostly referring to the Indian (Asian) players because in India, the internet is worse than the spread of the virus. 

Personally i want it because i have missed like 3 legendary and 1 UB bcoz of it.

It happens quite often that suddenly you get no pokemons on the map for like 30-60 seconds and then suddenly you will be shown all those pkmn you crossed by in the period which ofcourse you can't catch bcoz as per the game...they have already disappeared.

The feature of ping so something similar would allow to know that our network or server is bad so at that time we can actually stop moving and wont lose any pokemons.

Hope you like the idea!!

• Upvote 3

• Developer

Thank you for this suggestion.  I understand the problem you are facing.  I am currently working on improvements to the netcode of the map system and this is one of the issues I am looking to address.

The current plan is for the server to detect a slow connection and compensate accordingly; this should prevent the rapid-skipping problem you've been having.  We may also show an indicator on the screen when the stability of your connection drops so that you are aware when this is happening.

Expect an update in a week or so.

• Love-dis 5

40 minutes ago, flamescape said:

Thank you for this suggestion.  I understand the problem you are facing.  I am currently working on improvements to the netcode of the map system and this is one of the issues I am looking to address.

The current plan is for the server to detect a slow connection and compensate accordingly; this should prevent the rapid-skipping problem you've been having.  We may also show an indicator on the screen when the stability of your connection drops so that you are aware when this is happening.

Expect an update in a week or so.

Great 

Bcoz i just lost a shiny KubfuShiny kubfu just a min ago due to the same problem 😢

• T-rubbish 1

1 hour ago, ronakcena512 said:

I've got a idea for the developer which hopefully they will like and add to the game.

I would request the developers to add a Network Ping on live map so that the player could know if his internet is smooth.

In general, I am mostly referring to the Indian (Asian) players because in India, the internet is worse than the spread of the virus. 

Personally i want it because i have missed like 3 legendary and 1 UB bcoz of it.

It happens quite often that suddenly you get no pokemons on the map for like 30-60 seconds and then suddenly you will be shown all those pkmn you crossed by in the period which ofcourse you can't catch bcoz as per the game...they have already disappeared.

The feature of ping so something similar would allow to know that our network or server is bad so at that time we can actually stop moving and wont lose any pokemons.

Hope you like the idea!!

I ACCEPT IT SAME CASE FOR ME I MISSED A METALLIIC ETERNATUS

4 hours ago, flamescape said:

@ronakcena512 I have updated the maps with some measures to compensate for bad lag spikes.

Can you please try hunting again and see if this works any better for you now?

Ya its working fine. The maps are are smoother. Even in a crowd, there is little or no lag. 

Also if we travel a distance with internet lag...the Pokemon are not skipped...it just shows the first pokemon we encountered during the span of the lag.

Overall it was a job done great. Thank you 👏🤝