Pokémon Vortex
burakyit

A suggestion about pokemon rarity and gender ratio...

Hello everyone. I play this game time to time for like 7 years.(and even more if you count pokemon crater etc.) And i started to play more nowadays. My issue is: i can't catch a dark female eevee on route 3(or 9 at nights). I caught all the tornadus' (2 shiny,1 dark,1 metallic in the same half of the day) which supposedly even harder since they are legendary. It's the 1st rare pokemon i tried to catch after the game changed massively with the updates to an almost a different game. I want to play more but not like this. It shouldn't be this time consuming to catch a rare pokemon which doesn't have an unevolved version of it available on the free roam...

Make some rare pokemons common or make them easier to catch please. Because this feels ridiculuous xD (ps: it's not only about eevee. some rare pokemons are even harder to catch than legendaries in some cases such as this) . Thank you in advance

If a rare Pokémon appears less than a Legendary, then that's due to luck not being on your side (assuming you're hunting for the rare Pokémon).
Legendaries are more rare than Rare Pokémon.
However, in the end it's a chance. There's also a chance you'll find five Ultra Beasts in a row. It's just super small.

@Godzilla123456 Exactly. It feels like there is a secret timer in the game and after the timer runs out you either get a rare or a legendary. Then the timer starts over. Rare pokemons should be distrubuted better and with a smaller numbers per map imo. I can get a specific paras easily since it exists as a common pokemon and i also can get a parasect in the same map as a rare pokemon. yet i don't have this option while searching for munchlax,eevee etc. i hope they change it since these are some of the  most known and loved pokemons

@Auke1993 I don't think it's me being unlucky. Just a little time ago on route 9, about 10 in game hours i caught 2 metallic, 1 normal giratina and i encountered with only 1 rare pokemon which was a shiny muchlax. It's just not optimized well imo

12 hours ago, burakyit said:

@Godzilla123456 Exactly. It feels like there is a secret timer in the game and after the timer runs out you either get a rare or a legendary. Then the timer starts over. Rare pokemons should be distrubuted better and with a smaller numbers per map imo. I can get a specific paras easily since it exists as a common pokemon and i also can get a parasect in the same map as a rare pokemon. yet i don't have this option while searching for munchlax,eevee etc. i hope they change it since these are some of the  most known and loved pokemons

@Auke1993 I don't think it's me being unlucky. Just a little time ago on route 9, about 10 in game hours i caught 2 metallic, 1 normal giratina and i encountered with only 1 rare pokemon which was a shiny muchlax. It's just not optimized well imo

Catching pokemon is completely based on rng like a lot of other stuff in PV, I searched for shiny zacian for over 2 hrs everyday for over a week cause I wanted an OT shiny zacian, still couldn't find a single shadow or shiny zacian whereas there are people who have encountered shiny necrozma within 5 minutes of searching. It just proves that pokemon catching is nothing but pure rng also there is nothing such as a timer or countdown, because if there was I'm sure a lot of people would have figured it out in the past and it would be a well known fact. Simply put : common pokemon-low rarity, rare pokemon - moderate rarity , legendary pokemon - high rarity , ultra beasts - ridiculous rarity. This just means your chances of encountering a lower rarity pokemon is more than encountering a higher rarity pokemon, but its all based on chance so there's no "option" in the first place its just pure luck.

• Upvote 2

Everybody will say it's about luck and you are very unlucky, but i think this is wrong. There is something with the game, the thing about luck it's bull****. The big question is, why Patrick doesn't revealed drop rates for V5? Think twice guys when you talk about luck. Some rares like Froakie (Shiny/Shadow variants) are harder to catch even than Ultra Beasts...why some leggies are harder to find than others? Please stop talking about luck. Ok..i know, requires time to find some rares/leggies and i'm ok with that, this is the beauty of this game, you never know what will be next encountered pokemon, but i'm agree with @burakyit, something it's wrong with the game.

• Developer
4 hours ago, Scorpiono said:

Everybody will say it's about luck and you are very unlucky, but i think this is wrong. There is something with the game, the thing about luck it's bull****. The big question is, why Patrick doesn't revealed drop rates for V5? Think twice guys when you talk about luck. Some rares like Froakie (Shiny/Shadow variants) are harder to catch even than Ultra Beasts...why some leggies are harder to find than others? Please stop talking about luck. Ok..i know, requires time to find some rares/leggies and i'm ok with that, this is the beauty of this game, you never know what will be next encountered pokemon, but i'm agree with @burakyit, something it's wrong with the game.

It's posts like yours which is exactly why I do not make the spawn rates public. I have done in past versions and it has proven to be more of a problem than a solution.
Why? Most people simply do not understand it. They will read (example number) 1/1000 to find a legendary and they assume they have to find one in 1000 encounters or less or there is something broken/not working and refuse to believe otherwise, much like your post thinking there's some conspiracy against you.

Like the answer or not - It is all luck. If you don't find what you're looking for then you're having bad luck, there is nothing broken and I have better things to do than conspire against players laughing in a dark corner when they don't find what they're looking for.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 3

@Lethal_Entity @Scorpiono @Patrick Yeah, i understand the rng based gameplay and i am fine it. I am not crying over like "it's rigged. game's doing me dirty" etc. But it's just an eevee man/woman. Why it should be this hard? I can get an abra and evolve it to kadabra instead of getting it from rare segment, i can get gastly and haunter in the same way, same with pidgey and pidgeotto etc etc. But when it comes to pokemons like eevee, munchlax, torchic, chikorita you have no choice. It is one of the most basic pokemons as well, it should be easy and not so luck based. It was easy to get every pokemon except legendaries back then

I tried to get a female dark eevee for like 20+ hours and couldn't get 1. I now have all the legendary variations from route 3 and 9.(i only couldn't encountered with a shiny giratina, but i have that one from before as well) Honestly, this feels frustrating. I was hyped for the 1st time for a long time and started to play more but i can't even catch something which souldn't even be this luck based.(which shouldn't even be rare imo). I give up

9 hours ago, burakyit said:

@Lethal_Entity @Scorpiono @Patrick Yeah, i understand the rng based gameplay and i am fine it. I am not crying over like "it's rigged. game's doing me dirty" etc. But it's just an eevee man/woman. Why it should be this hard? I can get an abra and evolve it to kadabra instead of getting it from rare segment, i can get gastly and haunter in the same way, same with pidgey and pidgeotto etc etc. But when it comes to pokemons like eevee, munchlax, torchic, chikorita you have no choice. It is one of the most basic pokemons as well, it should be easy and not so luck based. It was easy to get every pokemon except legendaries back then

I tried to get a female dark eevee for like 20+ hours and couldn't get 1. I now have all the legendary variations from route 3 and 9.(i only couldn't encountered with a shiny giratina, but i have that one from before as well) Honestly, this feels frustrating. I was hyped for the 1st time for a long time and started to play more but i can't even catch something which souldn't even be this luck based.(which shouldn't even be rare imo). I give up

Blame Nintendo/Game Freak for making Eevee 12.5% chance for female. 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SpheX said:

Blame Nintendo/Game Freak for making Eevee 12.5% chance for female. 🤷‍♂️

Exactly this. If you're going out of your way to collect different genders etc then you already know some will be rarer than others. It's a collectathon game, some Pokemon will be easy, some will be hard. You can't complete the whole thing on day 1, it takes time and effort. That's what makes it worthwhile.

• Upvote 3