You guys like no botting better?

Seahawksnation

Question

I'm just curious because, botting made everything easier to me in v2. No one would get banned from trading etc. Someone trains a pokemon and trades it for like unique/leggies and not have that compare to the exp the person that give the exp away gets banned here...Something about a 3rd party source..? I'm not sure what that exactly means? I'm just confused to why this even is a thing about getting banned...I like the game but I'm not how much longer my fingers can click...11mil took me quite a while.....And if that's the case "The top pokemon" how do you guys know that they aren't botting? I mean who even has the time and day to click all the way up to 205,749,000mil. That's outrageous... Then the person that has second place FinalBossDany has 126,586,671mil and he/she created it's account May 11th, of 2017. And it's now September 25, of 2017 and that is four months. There is no way...In my opinion. But I don't don't know where I was going with this other then why did the Admins make botting not allowed..?

6 answers to this question

• Developer

The decision to make botting not allowed was to bring back the fun of what the game intended to be.Contrary to popular belief, botting is only done by a handful of people, they just do it on multiple accounts that make it seem like a lot are doing it then they stockpile everything onto one account to storm the leaderboards or they offload it onto people who are unaware they're receiving illegitimate experience Pokémon.

Most of the players do not know how to bot or are not interested in it.

Now, if you were around for v1 - v2 then you will know that the leaderboard was locked and basically impossible to get onto as a new player so instead of the hard earned fun it should have been to be #1, it's actually just a contest of who can leave their computer on the longest. I myself found this pointless and not what gives me motivation to develop the game.

When I make an update for the game, I like it to be looked at, tested, played with, even admired in some cases, not for the first thought of the player to be "Oh, how can I automate this process?"

As someone who has botted games as well, I know even for the player it kills the fun of the game and it's no longer a game but a chore to keep your bot running as long as possible to "catch up" or "keep up" and in some cases to go undetected. That, in my eyes, is not a game or fun.

I stand by my decision to eradicate botting and will never revert.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, eurstin said:

Botting is easy in the moment, but in the long run, you'll get banned. Props for being honest about botting I guess. In the case of Danny, most of that exp was trained on a different account. It seems like you think if some people bot, everyone should do the same. Not sure if I can help you there. Just don't bot in the future. Your account will get banned if you do.

No I was just asking. It was just suspicious was all. I know botting gets you banned...

Botting is easy in the moment, but in the long run, you'll get banned. Props for being honest about botting I guess. In the case of Danny, most of that exp was trained on a different account. It seems like you think if some people bot, everyone should do the same. Not sure if I can help you there. Just don't bot in the future. Your account will get banned if you do.

My thing is I have a hard time believing all those top trainers/pokemon are legitimately clicking that whole time. The only way I would believe it is if they had like 20+ members on one account.

And from what you said about Danny with his pokemon being trained on a different account, wouldn't the admins be suspicious of that guy all a sudden getting up there instantly? Unless he let them know that, that was gonna happen etc. I read something about a guy wanting to do training etc and someone replied before about a 3rd party something you could get banned. I don't know why he'd get banned for training someones pokemon..?