Pokémon Vortex
WinnerOJD

Pink Pokémon

Pink Pokémon are an additional variant of Pokémon which can currently only be seen within the Orange Islands region of Sidequests. At this point it seems pretty unlikely that they will be introduced as something obtainable by the players, but rather as something for the Staff of vortex (don't quote me on this but maybe something which will be awarded to staff for contributing following the future release of Arceus (Unknown)). Despite that, it's interesting to see what other people in the game think about this topic and merely something I thought I'd bring up to check out. Here are some idea's I came up with so far (I'll add any additional good ones I see in the comments):

• Possible reward for completing Sidequests - I was thinking maybe an additional item in the rewards which could be applied to a valid Pokémon which would convert it into the Pink variant when fused.

• Reward for fusing 100 of the same Pokémon - I think this could provide players who have a very high amount of Unique Pokémon (and are searching the maps for a few, rare missing ones) with a more purposeful and enjoyable experience as they could collect Pokémon they already have whilst searching in order to get Pink Pokémon.

• A chance of the player obtaining a random Pink Pokémon (or the staff members signature Pink Pokémon or something) when a player comes across them in Wonder Trade, however Wonder Trade is not yet a feature of Pokémon Vortex.

• Just a random event idea that I imagined with Pink Pokémon for some reason: A login claim event in which the user picks one of 3 Pokeballs. It then opens up and shows them the prize they won inside it, along with the prizes they could have won if they picked the other Pokeballs (or at least some other things to make them feel great/miserable if the rewards are predetermined :P), and there would be a small chance of it containing a Pink Pokémon when opened. There could be various in-game challenges for users to complete and earn more of these openings. Alternatively, this could be a longer-term feature and the featured Pink Pokémon could change monthly.
    ------
    As with my forum post on Ancient Pokémon which you can see below, I don't think that these Pink Pokémon should act as part of the main dex should they be introduced, but rather as an extra part of the game or possibly in a separate "special-dex" or something like that.
    PLEASE COMMENT YOUR IDEAS AND WHAT YOU THINK! :)
  • Love-dis 1
  • Upvote 1

Pink pokemon are a regional variant from Orange Islands (such as Alolan forms are regional variant from Alola).

So... maybe it should works in the same way... Players/Trainers must be in the Orange Islands to "unlock" them in maps. However, there should be (according to me) another requirements:

Players/Trainers have to complete their Kanto dex previously.

The player/user's account have at least 1 year of existence.

Also, you forgot to mention the ability or effect of this sexy variant/unique form (such as Dark variant--> 25% more attack). A sugestion for a possible ability would be if you have at least 1 pink poke in your team... then you will have x3 bonus of happiness for all your team!!! (Nice, isn't it?! )

Edited by unknown_citizen
VITOL is my pinky friend ;)
  • Love-dis 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, unknown_citizen said:

Pink pokemon are a regional variant from Orange Islands (such as Alolan forms are regional variant from Alola).

So... maybe it should works in the same way... Players/Trainers must be in the Orange Islands to "unlock" them in maps. However, there should be (according to me) another requirements:

Players/Trainers have to complete their Kanto dex previously.

The player/user's account have at least 1 year of existence.

Also, you forgot to mention the ability or effect of this sexy variant/unique form (such as Dark variant--> 25% more attack). A sugestion for a possibly ability would be if you have at least 1 pink poke in your team... then you will have x3 bonus of happiness for all your team!!! (Nice, isn't it?! )

I think that's a really good idea, I did consider the variants but I thought I'd leave that up to later if the ideas have any popularity. I'll be sure to add that to the list!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WinnerOJD said:

Pink Pokémon are an additional variant of Pokémon which can currently only be seen within the Orange Islands region of Sidequests. At this point it seems pretty unlikely that they will be introduced as something obtainable by the players, but rather as something for the Staff of vortex (don't quote me on this but maybe something which will be awarded to staff for contributing following the future release of Arceus (Unknown)). Despite that, it's interesting to see what other people in the game think about this topic and merely something I thought I'd bring up to check out. Here are some idea's I came up with so far (I'll add any additional good ones I see in the comments):

• Possible reward for completing Sidequests - I was thinking maybe an additional item in the rewards which could be applied to a valid Pokémon which would convert it into the Pink variant when fused.

• Reward for fusing 100 of the same Pokémon - I think this could provide players who have a very high amount of Unique Pokémon (and are searching the maps for a few, rare missing ones) with a more purposeful and enjoyable experience as they could collect Pokémon they already have whilst searching in order to get Pink Pokémon.

• A chance of the player obtaining a random Pink Pokémon (or the staff members signature Pink Pokémon or something) when a player comes across them in Wonder Trade, however Wonder Trade is not yet a feature of Pokémon Vortex.

• Just a random event idea that I imagined with Pink Pokémon for some reason: A login claim event in which the user picks one of 3 Pokeballs. It then opens up and shows them the prize they won inside it, along with the prizes they could have won if they picked the other Pokeballs (or at least some other things to make them feel great/miserable if the rewards are predetermined :P), and there would be a small chance of it containing a Pink Pokémon when opened. There could be various in-game challenges for users to complete and earn more of these openings. Alternatively, this could be a longer-term feature and the featured Pink Pokémon could change monthly.
    ------
    As with my forum post on Ancient Pokémon which you can see below, I don't think that these Pink Pokémon should act as part of the main dex should they be introduced, but rather as an extra part of the game or possibly in a separate "special-dex" or something like that.
    PLEASE COMMENT YOUR IDEAS AND WHAT YOU THINK! :)

This isnt a good idea.

• Love-dis 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, porymon said:

This isnt a good idea.

Okay, but I think a lot of people will see that this is from you and not really take any notice... It may be terrible but your opinion doesn't mean much.

• Upvote 1

The 4th point isn't gonna happen for sure because of multiple accounts. As for the second point, if I caught 1 pokemon with different types, would that count towards the 100, or do I need 100 of the same type of pokemon (100 normals). The third point is a no from me. It would have to be limited to keep it's rarity. The only point I could see happening would be the first, although giving users the option to make any pokemon they want, pink, would require alot of work. It would be better to just have an exclusive pink pokemon as a prize, not a skin that you can apply to any pokemon. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, eurstin said:

The 4th point isn't gonna happen for sure because of multiple accounts. As for the second point, if I caught 1 pokemon with different types, would that count towards the 100, or do I need 100 of the same type of pokemon (100 normals). The third point is a no from me. It would have to be limited to keep it's rarity. The only point I could see happening would be the first, although giving users the option to make any pokemon they want, pink, would require alot of work. It would be better to just have an exclusive pink pokemon as a prize, not a skin that you can apply to any pokemon. 

For the variant question you asked, like 50 of the same unique pokemon could possibly make a unique pink pokemon for example Shiny Rhydon (Pink) though it would take a bit of work to get the sprite to be say shadow at the same time as pink. 

It should not be like common pokemon can evolve into the pink variant. Because then anyone can just catch 100 of the same variant then fuse them to make it pink. It should be like only rare pokemon can be the pink variant. like pink larvitar or pink eevee. or only legendary pokemon can be pink. this way the rarity of pink variant will be more. catching 100 of the same variant of a legendary is like impossible. 

Edited by POKECHAN