Pokémon Vortex

Should V3 be reset?

Should V3 be Reset?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want V3 to be reset?

• After over a years work up into it? Over my dead body!
    • I mean, I've already lost all of my data from the past 2 months... Why not let everyone start over again?

Do you think V3 should be reset?

***Disclaimer before this starts: THIS IN NO WAY WILL AFFECT HOW PATRICK, ROB, AND CHRIS WILL RUN THE GAME. THIS IS JUST FOR THE COMMUNITY TO SEE***

I've seen a LOT of discussion on FB about V3 getting reset. I've heard arguments for and against it. So, why not ask it on the forums? Do you think a reset of V3 would be in place? I personally, am for the reset of the game. There is simply too much botting that's occurring, and most of those players have quit. Not to mention, some of the famous IGNs have been taken by scrubs. I'm am for it, what about you?

Nah. There will always be people who find ways to cheat the system. We're in a much better state than we were in V2 (from what I've seen), so that's a plus. Famous IGNs being taken doesn't call for a reset either lol. 

Personally, I'm against a reset.

Edit: Oh, and as for the 2 month reset - I understand a lot of people are upset (as was I), but you have to realize this game is still in beta. These situations are inevitable, and every time we face them we learn something new. In the future, if a reset does happen again, it'll be limited to 24 hours (thanks to the new preventative measures set by Patrick), something that probably wouldn't have been done without the reset.

Edited by Radioactive
  • Upvote 2

I honestly wouldn't want it to be reset. Those that are very eager to start over should just make a new account and start fresh that way. As some have dedicated a lot of time to their accounts in order to get to where they are now. As a bunch of people have been playing the game for a lot more than just two months.

Edited by Daenerys50
  • Upvote 1

If botting is the justification for a reset then it's a pretty myopic way to address the issue, they'd be back and it would be ever easier for them to rise to unreachable peaks from the starting point of a level playing field than from a point where they could be banned while strong legitimate accounts were kept intact. 

Losing three months (including the one Vortex has been down) is a bad thing. Losing more than that is worse. 

No! I am AGAINST v3 being reset! What about all the donation Pokemon people have paid for? I doubt Patrick would give every single person refunds and I don't want a refund. I started playing a couple months after the release of V2 AND DO NOT want my account reset again. People will always find a way to cheat the game. We shouldn't have botters ruin a great game for us, and all botters get banned eventually so I don't really care. People shouldn't bot, agreed. But if you do bot then you're only hurting yourself. I'd just like to wait peacefully for V4 without any resets, the game is going great for me. Finally got all the Pokemon I want and have achieved other things like side-quests and meeting great people. I would absolutely HATE for there to be a reset, and I think most of the community will agree with me on this one.Those who want a reset are either banned or are just bored of the game or unhappy with their account. Please do not reset @Patrick. People shouldn't have to lose their donation Pokemon they've PAID for and other pokemon they have worked REALLY HARD for. That's all for now though.. sorry if this was a long speech. It just emphasises how im so against a reset, it shouldn't happen and around 70% of people will agree with me.

Yours sincerely, a loyal and concerned Vortex player.

22 minutes ago, ZonexPV said:

No! I am AGAINST v3 being reset! What about all the donation Pokemon people have paid for? I doubt Patrick would give every single person refunds and I don't want a refund. I started playing a couple months after the release of V2 AND DO NOT want my account reset again. People will always find a way to cheat the game. We shouldn't have botters ruin a great game for us, and all botters get banned eventually so I don't really care. People shouldn't bot, agreed. But if you do bot then you're only hurting yourself. I'd just like to wait peacefully for V4 without any resets, the game is going great for me. Finally got all the Pokemon I want and have achieved other things like side-quests and meeting great people. I would absolutely HATE for there to be a reset, and I think most of the community will agree with me on this one.Those who want a reset are either banned or are just bored of the game or unhappy with their account. Please do not reset @Patrick. People shouldn't have to lose their donation Pokemon they've PAID for and other pokemon they have worked REALLY HARD for. That's all for now though.. sorry if this was a long speech. It just emphasises how im so against a reset, it shouldn't happen and around 70% of people will agree with me.

Yours sincerely, a loyal and concerned Vortex player.

??????